24 November 2006

Why is all the Time gone?

So here I sit, on my last day in England. Sigh. What a trip! I am currently debating on when/if I feel like getting up to trek into London to do a bit of research at the BL... heh. I don't feel like moving! I'm so tired.. it's been an exhausting week! Let's recap, shall we?

Monday, Oxford. Already discussion at great length.

Tuesday, Canterbury. LOTS of traveling, for little actual visiting. But I got to wander around the Cathedral, which was INCREDIBLE. Seriously. It's huge. And magnificent. And awe-inspiring. I don't know how people can go into a church like that and NOT feel the urge to worship God. It's that incredible. But yes. After the Cathedral, walked around the city a bit, before trekking back to the train station for the 3-hour trip back to Stortford. Had a relaxing evening watching tv with Lisa. Good times.

Wednesday, London with Lisa. We had a great day! We went to Camden Lock Market, which is this HUGE, mostly outdoor marketplace of tons of.. well.. stuff, lol. Clothes, jewelry, decorations, drug paraphernalia.. heh. The area is quite Bohemian in nature, so we saw lots of piercings, and goth type clothes, and funky colored hair... but the experience was pretty cool! Definitely not something a lot of tourists get to see. After that, we went to the complete opposite end of the scale, and walked Regent St... home of Burberry, Swarovski, Godiva, Whittard, Hamleys (huge toy store), and supposedly an Apple store, but we ran out of time and I didn't get to go in :/ Soo beautiful, all lit-up with Christmas lights.. shopping makes me happy! We didn't get anything except chocolate, ha. After this, we trekked over to Covent Garden to pick up our show tickets, and walk around the square at Covent Garden. Met a girl from Australia who we bought lots of ornaments from.. she was younger than I was, and was in London staying in a hostel because she didn't know what she wanted to do with her life yet! Funny, how the rest of the world looks at life.. in America, kids just work at McDonald's.. out there, they move to a different country. Anyways! We had dessert at the Opera Tavern (yum!), and then went across the street to the Theater Royal Drury Lane (do you know the muffin man?), which was actually on Catherine Street. We saw The Producers! It was so good! The cast was even better than when I saw it in NY. Their dramatic timing was sooo perfect. We laughed so hard.. and our seats were incredible! First row of the first balcony.. in the middle, to the right just a tad. You could see everything! The orchestra was wonderful.. overall, a grand show! After the show, we went to Trafalgar Square to see the lights, and then hopped on a train home. Good day!

Thursday, Thanksgiving. I slept in, ran to the grocery to pick up some things for dinner, and then Lisa and I went to the outlet mall. I found a few more gifts, and might have bought myself a certain scarf..... ha. After shopping, we came back, got dinner ready, had a decently-American Thanksgiving meal, pumpkin pie included, and then bummed around for the rest of the evening.

Today, TBD. As is it now almost noon, and I haven't done anything yet.. I'm guessing that I should be productive. There is much to do today.. London for the library and last minute shopping, back to pack, etc, before going to the pub with Darryl and the organist for a quick pint (or in my case, half-pint!) before coming back and crashing and getting up FREAKISHLY early in the morning to catch a train, a tube, and another train to get me to the airport on time :x Yikes.

Well, that's about all. Have a good day, dear ones! I shall return soon!

Cheers!

No comments: