27 October 2006

A Blustery Day in the Neighborhood

What a long week it has been! Seriously. I'm so glad it's Friday. Let me just say.. that I love school! I love researching.. I love teaching.. it's so wonderful! And I'm growing rather excited about my research in Oxford.... Dr. MM said she might be able to get me in to see primary source documents!! Oh, that I could just research and explore libraries for a living.. and learn languages. Starting with German. Then Italian, followed closely by French. For now, I'm going to go buy music dictionaries with the various languages so I can at least pretend to follow along in my research. There is so much out there! Ok. There. In case you needed further proof that I am a music nerd.

As of an hour from now, I will have temporary custody of three young friends, two in high school and an 8-year-old. I get to be mom for a weekend and make runs to soccer games and piano parties. And make lunches. And make sure homework gets done. Including my own, ha. Busy, very. But it will be good.. they're SUCH good kids.. and I need a break from the norm.. things have been in a very busy, but dull rut lately. Where is the excitement?? My England trip is rapidly approaching, which helps. Followed VERY closely by finals, and then CHRISTMAS, which we all know is my favorite time of the year. I'm excited about getting to participate in the Christmas orchestras again, to at least keep a foot in the door.

And, for the record, I am going ice skating at the Galleria with the big Christmas tree this year, even if it means going by myself! I have missed too many years in a row!

So. That's me this week. If you need me over the next few days, I should have my laptop, but in case not, just call the cell! Adieu mes amis!

No comments: