So. Another week.
Gosh I love the rain. It's good nap/reading weather. Except my nap lasted about an hour too long..
Time is going so fast.. there are only 55 days left until my last final. Which means the semester is more than half over. And I'm actually still holding on to some scrap of sanity. This bodes well for the next two years... but seriously, I love school. A lot. I finally feel like I'm going in the right direction. And I get to teach actual classes this week! That'll be fun :) Now I just have to study for this awful test tomorrow..... ugh. For instance.. give the title, editor, format, date of first publication, and importance of these 10 historic music periodicals. Same for current periodicals.
In other news.. I don't have much. Work is crazy, but ok. We're remodeling my office (I get a new desk!) and possibly shifting my job responsibilities around so I have more time to focus on the business office, which will be quite nice.
Is anybody else just completely ready for Christmas? I really can't wait. I love the season so much.. cold weather, hot apple cider, fresh gingerbread, lots of family, lots of friends, lights, trees, wonderful Advent hymns, reverent Christmas Eve services, candy canes, chocolate pound cake (batter!), making cheese biscuits with dad, shopping with mom, Christmas music! (oh, how I love Christmas music), parties, playing in orchestras (two this year!), candles, did I mention the lights?, ice skating at the Galleria, mint hot cocoa (with Bailey's, yum), Christmas movies (namely White Christmas and Charlie Brown!), and then there's that little thing of a baby Saviour, come to save the world. What else could be worth such celebrating?
I had a paying piano gig yesterday. That was nice. And I'm going some weekend babysitting coming up here.. yay for spending money for England!
Pretty much other than that, life just goes on. Grey's Anatomy is still awesome. I see my friends just enough to keep from completely losing touch. I have a school football team that is not completely sucking this season (4 and 3!!). I'm making good friends at school. Yea, life is good overall. Now I just gotta find that rich, non-workaholic, devastatingly handsome man to take me dancing after a night at the symphony.. and then things will be perfect! ;) Well, probably not. But it's nice to dream, huh?
Ok, it's time to go to school and have a serious sit-down with some current and historical periodicals. Oh happy day!
Peace out, y'all. If you don't hear from me in over a week, call me and tell me to be a better friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment