Thank you Kari, for my wonderful, new word. And Meg, who co-discovered 'problematical,' even though we found out it was actually a real word in the first place. But the discovery was made better by the fact that it came from Jude Law in the best holiday romantic comedy in a long time. Seriously. Everyone go see The Holiday.. it's touching, funny, sweet, and relatively clean. Jack Black puts in a surprising performance as a "real actor," Cameron Diaz is cute, Kate Winslet is awesome.. and Jude Law.. well, he's just the shiznit. And really pretty to look at. AND plays one of the most wonderful men ever. Except Mr. Darcy. But Darcy is an exception AND a pre-existing literary character. So. I don't know what point I just made, but oh well. I'm tired. It's excusable.
So, in a nutshell, I am happy.
As in truly happy. For the first time in a long time. Saturday was a day of many things... I finished school (at 4:30 am when I turned in my last paper, was presented with one (or maybe two) outside music gigs (which mean extra income!), went shopping with two of my dearest friends (and bought sparkly things! yay!), and saw a really awesome movie, in which I not only cried (because I'm a sap), but also came to some very important conclusions about my life. It was very.. refreshing.. and rather like balm for a wound. I am finally free.. and that is an incredible feeling. I've grown much, and learned much, and I'm a stronger person for it all. God is so good, ya know?
So, coupled with the incredible weight off of my brain (school) and off of my heart (stuff)... I felt I could soar.. and that is an incredible feeling. Of course then I got to have a Sunday and play with the band, and hear a wonderful Advent sermon, and really get to experience the process of Advent for the first time in several years... such a joy! Lunch with dear ones, a restful afternoon, a quasi-good orchestra concert (don't get me started though), and dinner with my parents... add in a night of 8 hours of sleep... and I feel great! Life isn't perfect.. not by a long shot.. but I'm in a continual process of learning how to deal with it all. And this weekend, we made progress.
Work is a slight headache these days, but the end is in sight (a week from tomorrow!!!). And I have more time to deal with things now that school is over. PLUS I'm in a such a good mood, what with all this flying and stuff.. plus grades were posted today, so that calls for at least a day or two of celebration... pass the champagne!!
Love you all, truly. If you don't hear from me, it's not because I've forgotten about you or I don't love you.. it's just that I'm still in recovery. So give me a ring/text/e-mail, and we'll set something up! Hope to see you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment